LEAVE YOUR LEGACY
Support wildlife in your Will
Leaving a gift in your Will to Yorkshire Wildlife Park Foundation directly helps in our overall mission to promote and advance the conservation and welfare of endangered wildlife both in their natural habitat and in captivity.
By leaving your gift, you’re standing side-by-side with some of the world’s most at risk species, helping to ensure these magnificent creatures continue to survive and thrive long into the future.
Creating a better world for wild animals since 2013
Gifts in Wills help fund our vital conservation work around the globe and without your continued support, we wouldn’t be able to carry on these life changing campaigns.
Only establishing ourselves in 2013, we’ve felt overjoyed at drastically improving the welfare of several species in a short space of time. Rescuing 13 lions from desperate living conditions at a zoo in Romania in 2010, this is where it all began. Since then, we have been extremely proud to continue our influential conservation work across the globe.
- 2015 – 2017: In partnership with the Amur Leopard and Tiger Alliance (ALTA), we granted £18,000 to fund a rescue and rehabilitation centre for the endangered species at Alekseevka in Russia
- 2015 – 2017: We pledged five years of support to improve welfare standards at Hanoi Zoo in Vietnam including a £3,000 a year enrichment budget plus a Yorkshire Wildlife Park ranger visit for 2 weeks annually
- 2016: Forged a crucial partnership with the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s (IUCN) Species Survival Commission
- 2016: We funded a major conservation project that saw six wild Bactrian Camels released back into the wild at sites 600 and 250 kilometres from their breeding centre near the Mongolia-China border
- 2016 – 2018: In partnership with AEECL (Association Européenne pour l’Étude et la Conservation des Lémuriens), we released a three year grant worth £15,000 to help protect the critically endangered blue-eyed black lemur
Leave your legacy
Helping support the world’s most endangered species after you pass away is among the most selfless acts humans can make. What will your legacy be?
- Doubling the amount of wild Amur Leopards
- Stamping out rhino poaching activity in Kenya
- Reducing deforestation in Madagascar
Why are gifts in Wills so important?
As humans it is our collective responsibility to protect and preserve the planet we all call home.
Despite only establishing ourselves in 2013, we currently support a variety of campaigns in countries all over the world. Underlining our commitment to helping protect the globe’s most threatened species, we wouldn’t be able to improve living conditions, support breeding programmes and help fund influential research without your devoted support.
Thanks to your gifts, we can continue advancing the conservation and welfare for endangered species that need our help the most. By leaving your gift, you are helping us in so many ways. From auditing zoo living conditions to educating communities about protecting their local environments, funding important rescue centres to supporting relocation and release schemes across Africa and Asia, your support has, and always will make a difference in keeping the world’s most at risk species alive.
Download our Wills information pack
For Frequently Asked Questions and information regarding the types of gifts in Wills, suggested Will wording and collection envelope donations, please download our Wills information pack by clicking the button below.